Your donations allow us to send children to camp at a reduced cost, provide transportation to educational field trips, provide preschoolers with in house enrichment programs and help parents attend literacy based programs that help their children succeed in school.
The mission of the Glassboro Child Development Centers (GCDC) is to provide programs and enrichment for children and youth that offer opportunities that empower and assist parents with the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of their children.
GCDC serves more than 500 children from six weeks to 13 years annually. Some of the programs the center provides are:
- Daily childcare for infants, toddlers, pre-school, Pre-K, kindergarten, and school-age children
- Summer enrichment camps from June to August
- SMASH!—Start Moving and Stay Healthy to encourage healthy lifestyles
- NJ After 3 site - GCDC’s after school programs are funded by New Jersey After 3. The goal is for all New Jersey children to have the opportunity to participate in high quality, comprehensive, structured, supervised and enriching after school activities.
- Teen Academy - Kids in grades 7 and 8 can participate in programming subsidized in full by NJ After 3 funding. Enrichment activities include: technology, GEPA prep, forensic science, visual and performing arts, bowling, sports, cooking, service learning and field trips.
“Matt actually sometimes gets angry if I pick him up too early in the afternoon because he is
having such a good time. It just doesn’t get any better than that.”
- Lisa, GAPA3 Parent
“What you do everyday is significant in the lives of children.”
- Carmen Mitcho, retired principal
"Dear Ms. Joan,
Thank you for taking us to the Nutcracker. I hope you had a nice time and I liked the train you took us on.”
- Love, Brittany, Jordyn, Marion